Private Basketball Training for Austin Middle and High School Players
I recently have had some huge success while teaching kids in the private basketball training sessions. My wife will be happy to tell anyone that I am prone to patting myself on the back so I evaluated exactly why the kids had made such impressive breakthroughs. The children were varied in age (10-16), skill levels, and gender. Here is what they did have in common:
- Unbridled joy for the game. Each of their faces lit up as they entered the gym and several million dollar smiles ensued over our time together.
- Each player had above average listening skills and a high aptitude for learning.
- Each player viewed the hard work we did as a game. They were energized by our activity.
- Three of the Four Players shared their goals without me asking. The fourth player had some very definite ideas about direction when asked.
- None of the four were spectacular “thoroughbred” athletes. None were accustomed to muscling thru, outjumping, or flying by their competition at an elite level.
This list of attributes is not meant to exclude someone from being a private training candidate. It is merely some notes I compiled in evaluating them in order to customize a program for them. If your child shows these attributes, they may be a fit for our private training. Austin Youth Basketball offers limited private training sessions for children 8 to 18.
[…] Parents and players want to know: “What are my options working with a player development basketball trainer?” Austin Youth Basketball believes that private training may not be for every player. Read more at “Would My Child Benefit Fom Private Training?” […]