Choosing the Austin Basketball Camp Director
by Chris Corbett
As the director of Austin Youth Basketball I have many roles. One of the main roles of a leader is to constantly be on the lookout for the best talent available to help Austin Basketball players reach their individual goals.
I met Mike VandeGarde in a community I used to work in and immediately hit it off sharing our love of basketball. Not long later we had a chance to play together at LifeTime Fitness in South Austin and I was immediately struck by his excellent baskeball footwork, off the chart shot blocking skills, intensity, and work ethic.
I asked him to join me on a team and we did go on to win the Life Time Fitness Championship which was a very competitive basketball league at the time. Mike referred a few young players to me for training as I was the Supervisor of Training for Basketball at Lifetime. As our training numbers grew, I needed help and Mike was kind enough to help teach the Austin Basketball Camps at LifeTime Fitness with me.
The next call of duty was the Dripping Springs Youth Sports Academy where we created a curriculum for the 8-12 years olds of Dripping Springs. Mike still assists with this.
Mike is Austin Youth Basketball’s resident Big Man Clinic professor and helps out when his schedule permits.
There are a lot of great basketball resumes out there. Click here to see Mike’s . We chose Mike over everyone else because:
- Mike is expert and PASSIONATE.
- Mike truly cares about the basketball learning experience and has taught at hundreds of basketball camps.
- Mike comes prepared and organized. Players do not stand around when Mike is running basketball camps. He does not have time for small talk – he is on a mission.
- Mike commands attention thru his passion, his expertise, and his presence.
- Basically, Mike has a thoroughbred background but has the work ethic of a Clydesdale.
- Mike believes in doing smaller camps and in keeping instructor to student ratios low despite the higher costs. (Our summer basketball camps will have approximately 25 kids per session)
- Mike aims for fun at camps. Learning and Fun are the goals.
Get more Austin Summer Basketball Camp Info Now….Click Here!
Click on title to read more about our Austin Basketball Camps!!
Austin Basketball Camp 2012 by Austin Youth Basketball
Austin Basketball Camp 2012 Fundamental Topics
How to Evaluate Austin Summer Basketball Camps
Austin Summer Basketball Camps vs. Basketball Training
How To Avoid Austin Basketball Camp Scams
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.