Chris Corbett of Austin Youth Basketball will be presenting WYSA with a Coaches Clinic and a series of Players Clinics. Chris Corbett has taught thousands of kids how to play the game at various levels. His background includes:
- Grew up in the playgrounds of Queens, NYC while stalking players all over like Kenny Smith, Kenny Anderson, Chris Mullin and Mark Jackson.
- Played Collegiality at UMaine Fort Kent.
- Has trained with, and been influenced by the summer training of many NBA players.
- His work has been endorsed by NBA and WNBA players, NBA scouts, college coaches and more importantly, thousands of families just like yours.
- Thought leadership in his online training ownership of BasketballHQ.com (http://Basketballhq NULL.com), Coachtube.com (http://coachtube NULL.com), and BasketballTrainer.com (http://BasketballTrainer NULL.com).
- Current Academy Leader for DSYSA
- Founder Girls Select Program at AustinFierceBasketball.com (http://Austinfiercebasketball NULL.com)
- Advisor for Girls Select Basketball program ATXFearless.com (http://ATXFearless NULL.com)
- Trains several college teams.
- Dad to two young basketball players himself, and has coached their youth basketball teams.
“Chris Corbett (http://www NULL.austinyouthbasketball NULL.com/camps/guardperimeter-camp/) is very passionate about helping our youth and sharing his knowledge of the game through the fundamentals that have been forgotten. I admire his desire to learn and share his expertise in hoops and life. He encouraged me through a tough time in my life after the passing of my Grandmother mainly because he could relate. And I will forever be grateful. Chris Corbett (http://www NULL.austinyouthbasketball NULL.com/camps/guardperimeter-camp/) is an up and coming skills trainer in Austin and teaches with morals and work ethic.”
EDWINA BROWN | 2000 NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE YEAR UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS – WNBA 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK
October 21st – WYSA/Austin Youth Basketball Pre-Season Clinic
- Wimberley HS Texan Gym (Main Gym)
• 3/4th BOYS & Girls – 3:00-4:30 pm
• 5/6th BOYS & Girls – 4:45-6:15 pm
- Registration will be through Austin Youth Basketball, look for that link to come to you in an email.
- Each group will have a 40 player max cut-off Cost: $20
Having played basketball with Austin Youth Basketball’s Chris Corbett (http://www NULL.austinyouthbasketball NULL.com/camps/guardperimeter-camp/) for a decade that brought numerous championships, I can say his approach every game was about dedication and focus. His integrity, desire and knowledge of the game made him a valuable teammate and a coach on the floor. Any player or program would benefit from having Chris on board for player development (http://www NULL.austinyouthbasketball NULL.com/basketball-mentoring-meeting/) and reaching for higher standards.
Mark Acres | Boston Celtics – Orlando Magic – 7 Year NBA Veteran
(https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/camps/852793-october-21---wysaaustin-youth-basketball-pre-season-clinic)
October 30th – WYSA/Austin Youth Basketball Pre-Season BOYS
Clinic @ Danforth JH Gym
• 3/4th Boys – 5:45-7:15 pm
• 5/6th Boys – 7:15-8:45 pm
o Registration will be through Austin Youth Basketball, look for that link to come to you in an email.
o Each group will have a 40 player max cut-off
o Cost: $20
Questions: Wendy Gumbert 512-914-3152 or [email protected]
Austin Youth Basketball – http://www.austinyouthbasketball.com/ (http://www NULL.austinyouthbasketball NULL.com/)
(https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/camps/852805-october-30th---wysaaustin-youth-basketball-pre-season-boys-clinic--danforth-jh-g)