What It Is:
Unstructured Pickup Game With Referee and Different Teams Each Week
Middle School Real Run Tuesday Nights For 10 Weeks Starting August 24 thru October 26th 2021 5:00 – 6:15PM. This would include incoming 7th and 8th graders. Advanced incoming 6th Graders will be considered. Open to boys and girls, intermediate to advanced levels.
Click Here To Register Now For Middle School (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/2498115-real-run-refereed-pickup-basketball---middle-school--division)
High School & College Girls Real Run is also Tuesday nights August 24 thru October 26th 2021 from 6:15PM to 7:45PM.
Click Here To Register Now For High School Girls (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/2497998-real-run-refereed-pickup-basketball---hs--college-girls-division)
Boys NCAA High School Real Run is also Tuesday Nights For 10 Weeks Starting August 24 thru October 26th 2021, 7:45PM to 9:00PM. This is for incoming frosh, and sophomore players.
Click Here To Register Now For 9th & 10th Boys (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/2497926-real-run-refereed-pickup-basketball---hs-9th-and-10th-grade-ncaa-dvision)
Vintage & Varsity Real Run is a similar program designed for 17 and older trainers & alumni of Austin Youth Basketball and also for adults who are often parents of trainees. This will be run Thursdays from 8PM to 9:30PM. This is a fun basketball game, and will be kept at moderate level competitiveness prioritizing health and injury free games as much as possible. This will restart a new session in September.
Click Here To Register for Vintage & Varsity (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/2578527-vintage-run---refereed-pickup-basketball-for-varsity---adults)
Who: Intermediate To Advanced Players (Boys And Girls). This is not a good fit for beginners. Ask us about personalized training if you are a beginner.
Fitzhugh Baptist Church Gym
11607 Crumley Ranch Rd
Austin, Texas 78736
Price: $215 – The best basketball value in Austin!
- 10 Week Session
- Refereed Pickup – to reward fouled players, keep safety and have some structure to the “unstructured play.
- Loose Play w/o Instruction. No trainers or coaches chiming in. Absolutely no parent, coach, trainer, or sibling coaching. This will help your child have fun and also take ownership of their game.
- Players will come into gym, and write on an index card 3 things they would like to try in that 40 minutes of scrimmage time. At the end of the scrimmage time, they will grade ( 1- 10) themselves on if they tried the skill. (Not if they succeeded.) This will encourage experimentation and integration of drills into skills they use. No one is to review their card. It is for the player. We may lead this orally this year rather than spread index cards around the room.
- Intermediate and Up Level
- 50 Min. Guaranteed Playing Time in 1.5 Hours of Scrimmage
- What The Kids Want…& Need!
- Southwest Austin Location