What It Is:
Unstructured Pickup Game With Referee and Different Teams Each Week. This will be preceded by 15 minutes of shooting drills. Great workout increasing ownership of the game, joy, and confidence. Find out why this program has been a massive hit and sellout for 6 years!
Middle School Real Run Monday Nights For 10 Weeks Starting Monday Sept 12 thru November 7pm – 8:30PM. This would include 7th and 8th graders. Advanced 6th Graders will be considered. Boys and Girl in this program, text Chris with any questions. 512-921-4444.
Click Here To Register Now For Middle School (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/3405614-boys-middle-school-real-run-refereed-pickup)
High School Real Run is Tuesday Nights Starting Sept 13th – Nov 1 7:00PM – 8:30PM. This is for incoming frosh, and sophomore juniors , and seniors. Women on Varsity will also be welcome at this level.
Click Here To Register Now High School Real Run (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/3405617-high-school-real-run-refereed-pickup)
Vintage Run is a similar program designed for 18 and older trainees & alumni of Austin Youth Basketball and also for adults who are often parents of trainees. This will be run Thursdays from 8PM to 9:30PM. This is a fun basketball game, and will be kept at moderate level competitiveness prioritizing health and injury free games as much as possible. This will restart a new session in September.
Text me at 512-921-4444 to sign up or ask questions.
Who: Intermediate To Advanced Players (Boys And Girls). This is not a good fit for beginners. Ask us about personalized training if you are a beginner.
Fitzhugh Baptist Church Gym
11607 Crumley Ranch Rd
Austin, Texas 78736
Price: $225 – The best basketball value in Austin!
- 10 or 9 Week Session (High School is only 9 weeks so as to not interfere with HS season)
- Refereed Pickup – to reward fouled players, keep safety and have some structure to the “unstructured play.
- 15 minutes of shooting drills. Focus points discussed before drill, but no personalized instruction. Players welcome to ask for feedback during scrimmage portion of session.
- Loose Play w/o Instruction. No trainers or coaches chiming in. Absolutely no parent, coach, trainer, or sibling coaching. This will help your child have fun and also take ownership of their game.
- Players will come into gym, and write on an index card 3 things they would like to try in that guaranteed 40 minutes of scrimmage time. At the end of the scrimmage time, they will grade ( 1- 10) themselves on if they tried the skill. (Not if they succeeded.) This will encourage experimentation and integration of drills into skills they use. No one is to review their card. It is for the player. We may lead this orally this year rather than spread index cards around the room.
- Intermediate and Up Level
- 40 Min. Guaranteed Playing Time in 1.5 Hours of Scrimmage (First session may be less due to explanation time)
- What The Kids Want…& Need!
- Southwest Austin Location