What It Is:
Unstructured Pickup Game With Referee and Different Teams Each Week. This will be preceded by 15 minutes of shooting drills. Great workout increasing ownership of the game, joy, and confidence. Find out why this program has been a massive hit and sellout for 6 years!
FALL 2023 Schedule
Shortened 6 Week High School Refereed Real Run 10/3/23 – 11/7/23
Tuesdays 7:00pm – 8:30pm
(Ending Before Your First HS Game) – Coed $120 or $99 with Early Bird Discount.
Click Here to Register (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/4049926-high-school-real-run-refereed-pickup-short-season--coed)
Middle School Refereed Real Run 10/3/23 – 12/5/23 (10 Weeks)
Tuesdays 5:30 – 7:00pm
$219 or $199 with Early Bird Registration
Click Here To Register (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/4049855-middle-school-real-run-pickup--fall-coed)
Below this line are options for other than Fall 2023
Girls HS & College Real Run
Monday Nights 7pm to 8:30pm starting July 17th thru Monday, September 18th. This is an intermediate to advanced program and players should be ready to play for joy and competition. College players can prorate as they leave for college. Fierce and Austin Youth Basketball Training Alumni also welcome.
Click Here to Register For Girls HS / College Real Run (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/3981626-hs-girls-real-run-refereed-scrimmage-program)
Boys Middle School Real Run
Tuesday Nights For 10 Weeks Starting Tues, July 25 thru Tuesday, September 26 5:30pm – 7:00pm. This would include 7th and 8th graders. Advanced 6th Graders will be considered. Boys in this program, text Chris with any questions. 512-921-4444. Reminder this is an intermediate to advanced program.
Click Here To Register Now For Middle School Boys (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/3981811-boys--middle-school-real-run-pickup--summer)
Boys High School Real Run is Tuesday Nights Starting July 25 thru Tuesday September 19th – 7:00PM – 8:30PM. This is for incoming frosh, and sophomore juniors , and seniors.
Click Here To Register Now Boys High School Real Run (https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/3981785-boys-high-school-real-run-refereed-pickup)
Vintage Run is a similar program designed for 18 and older trainees & alumni of Austin Youth Basketball and also for adults who are often parents of trainees. This will be run Thursdays from 8PM to 9:30PM. This is a fun basketball game, and will be kept at moderate level competitiveness prioritizing health and injury free games as much as possible. This will restart a new session in September.
Text me at 512-921-4444 to sign up or ask questions.
Who: Intermediate To Advanced Players (Boys And Girls). This is not a good fit for beginners. Ask us about personalized training if you are a beginner.
Fitzhugh Baptist Church Gym
11607 Crumley Ranch Rd
Austin, Texas 78736
Price: $229 – The best basketball value in Austin!
- 10 Week Session
- Refereed Pickup – to reward fouled players, keep safety and have some structure to the “unstructured play.
- 15 minutes of shooting drills. Focus points discussed before drill, but no personalized instruction. Players welcome to ask for feedback during scrimmage portion of session.
- Loose Play w/o Instruction. No trainers or coaches chiming in. Absolutely no parent, coach, trainer, or sibling coaching. This will help your child have fun and also take ownership of their game.
- Players will come into gym, and be encouraged to write on an index card 3 things they would like to try in that guaranteed 40 minutes of scrimmage time. At the end of the scrimmage time, they will grade ( 1- 10) themselves on if they tried the skill. (Not if they succeeded.) This will encourage experimentation and integration of drills into skills they use. No one is to review their card. It is for the player. We may lead this orally this year rather than spread index cards around the room.
- Intermediate and Up Level
- 40 Min. Guaranteed Playing Time in 1.5 Hours of Scrimmage (First session may be less due to explanation time)
- What The Kids Want…& Need!
- Southwest Austin Location