What It Is:
Unstructured Pickup Game With Ref Followed By Structured Basketball Specific Speed & Stretching Workout
- Wednesday Nights For 10 Weeks Starting 5/22/19 thru 7/24/19 ( Boys Middle School & 6/5 thru 8/14 for High School) $199
- No High School Real Run During The Season
- Girls Real Run is Being Evaluated for Best Night and if Feasible We Will Make an Announcement Soon
Who: Intermediate To Advanced Players (Boys And Girls)
Fitzhugh Baptist Church Gym
11607 Crumley Ranch Rd
Austin, Texas 78736Time
Boys Middle School Playing Level Wednesday 5:30 – 7:00pm (Grades 6 – 8)
Wednesdays, May 22nd thru July 4th
(https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/1139059-boys--middle-school-real-run-pickup--summer-session)
This program is the original and the most quickly sold out every season. Particularly in the August starting period. We cannot make exceptions to the hard limits in player registration in this program as attendance is high and we need to make sure we get players playing time we promise.
High School Basketball Playing Level Wednesdays 7pm to 8:30pm
June 5th thru August 14th
If you want to make next season your best ever, the High School Real Run provides a great opportunity to implement new skills gathered in training. Make your list of the top three skills you want to work on and give them a try in this fun, non judgmental zone which also increases conditioning.
Important…Real Important! This is a 10th time program in response to needs shared in the feedback of students, families, coaches and sports science journals. We can only allow 20 kids per session. We have no idea how registration will go at this time of year. We suspect we will have sellouts in at least the two older sessions. The summer session and two of the fall sessions sold out. This could sell out in 1 day or it could not make. (We need 15 kids to make.) I would strongly advise you to sign up quickly and to share with any friends you would like in your pickup group that would add value or convenience (carpooling, etc.) Yes, this is partly a self serving sales plug, but I also have had many requests for a program like this so I don’t want you left out if you were one of the people requesting this. Inevitably, I get the calls after the signups are full and I can’t bend on this program no matter how much I value you and your family as customers.
(https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/leagues/basketball/1142410-high-school-school-real-run-pickup-and-speed)
- 10 Week Session
- Refereed Pickup – to reward fouled players, keep safety and have some structure to the “unstructured play.”
- Loose Play w/o Instruction. No trainers chiming in. Absolutely no parent coaching. This will help your child have fun and also take ownership of their game.
- Players will come into gym, and write on an index card 3 things they would like to try in that 40 minutes of scrimmage time. At the end of the scrimmage time, they will grade ( 1- 10) themselves on if they tried the skill. (Not if they succeeded.) This will encourage experimentation and integration of drills into skills they use. No one is to review their card. It is for the player. If players want to email Coach Geoff and ask how they are progressing on a stated goal, coach Geoff can send a number back rating as he viewed it.
- Intermediate and Up Level
- 40 Min. Guaranteed Playing Time in 1 Hour Scrimmage
- 30 Minute Speed and Agility Workout Led By Expert Geoff Harner
- What The Kids Want…& Need!
- Southwest Austin Location
Basketball Speed Overview
Basketball Speed Equipment We Will Use
Box jumps, 1-2 Dynamax balls, heavy resistance bands, bodyweight exercise focus for younger ones.
Basketball Speed & Agility Instructor
Austin Youth Basketball Director Chris Corbett
And some of the classics from Real Run I & II:
Weeks 1-6 will cover this plan and then we will evaluate next phase after assessing progress.
Scroll Back Up For Registration Page Links Under Appropriate Age Groups