Due to far too many requests to count…
Let’s Talk About You and College Basketball
Seminar | Discussion | Q & A
Saturday 5/7/22 | 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Fitzhugh Baptist Church Gym-
$39 Per Family
Register today for our “Playing College Basketball Seminar & Discussion” as we explore commonly asked questions, questions you need to be asking, and all the topics relevant to an initial exploration of a very ambitious dream.
What It Is Not:
An Elite Invitation Only Event (Exploring Your Potential Dreams Is Something We Should All Do!)
A Public Commitment To Trying To Playing College Basketball
A Sales Pitch On Another Product or Training… we do have some done with you services, but you need to drive this and we tell you how.
What It Is:
An Introductory Discussion Focusing On:
Why you may not want to play college basketball
Benefits of college basketball
What a college basketball player’s day looks like
Variety of College Basketball Experiences: Division I – III, the NAIA, and the USCAA
Timelines To Be Aware of In Exploring The College Basketball Dream
Grades – More Important Than Ever and Why
Understanding Ambition and Reality – Should You Dream Big Or Be Realistic?
Aligning Calendar To Goals – Periodization
Support Roles in Your Dream – Coaches, Parents, and Trainers
Be All In At High School – Not Putting College Dream Agenda First
Burnout- You, Your Family, & The Bank Account
Pick Yourself – Don’t Wait To Get Picked
College for the Right Reasons, Basketball is Icing On The Cake
Going Away To College
Marketing Yourself, If Not You, Who?
What Would Next Steps After This Look Like?
Rapid Fire Answers for The Following Questions Re College Basketball Recruiting:
- Do I dream of college basketball?
- What level of basketball am I good enough for?
- Am I even good enough for college basketball?
- What are my odds?
- What does life as a college basketball player?
- How do I get exposure?
- Will my HS Coach help me?
- Will my AAU coach help me?
- Does Travel basketball get me exposure?
- What recruiting services should I join? How much should I pay?
- What basketball showcases should I go to?
- I got invited to a basketball prospect camp! Now what?
- What is the best focus for me in 8th grade, 9th, 10th, 11th?
- Exposure, Marketing, Sales? What works?
- How do I decide which colleges I want to recruit me?
- How many schools do I want recruiting me?
- Should I stay in state?
- How can I build a list of target basketball schools?
- What are the differences in Divisions? In Associations?
- What recruiting resources are legit, and what are a money grab?
- Who can I trust?
- Do I need sneaker affiliation to get a college offer?
- How will playing college basketball affect my academic and social life?
- What happens if I try and fail?
- Should I share my dreams with others?
- What if I fail? How will that hurt?
- What if no college basketball coaches notice me?
- Do I have to be a HS star to play college basketball?
- How do I communicate with college basketball coaches?
- What types of college campus visits should I make?
- Social Media- how do I position myself for basketball success?
- What questions should I ask college coaches?
- What questions will college coaches ask me?
- What role should my parents play?
- What role should my coach and trainer play?
- How do I email college basketball coaches? What do I say?
- How do I make basketball highlight reels and get game tape?
- Can I call coaches?
- How do I keep track of communication?
- How do I share game tape?
- What should I know about a program before talking to the coach?
- What are the roles of coaches in the college system?
- What criteria should I look for in a school? In a basketball program? In a coach?
- How do I prioritize education, basketball and finance?
- Who will write this story of my goal pursuit?
(https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/camps/279462-playing-college-basketball-discussion--seminar--overview--next-steps)
Email me any questions you have and I will make sure to have answers for you in the unlikely event I have not researched it thoroughly already. If you stump me (and if I don’t know, I will tell you), I will make it my job to get you answers even after the seminar if possible.
Call me with any questions and please don’t be intimidated by this topic. I have spoken with the nation’s leading experts on the topics above and can’t wait to share.