Chris Corbett of Austin Youth Basketball will be presenting WYSA with a Coaches Clinic and a series of Players Clinics. Chris Corbett has taught thousands of kids how to play the game at various levels. His background includes:
- Grew up in the playgrounds of Queens, NYC while stalking players all over like Kenny Smith, Kenny Anderson, Chris Mullin and Mark Jackson.
- Played Collegiality at UMaine Fort Kent.
- Has trained with, and been influenced by the summer training of many NBA players.
- His work has been endorsed by NBA and WNBA players, NBA scouts, college coaches and more importantly, thousands of families just like yours.
- Thought leadership in his online training ownership of BasketballHQ.com (http://Basketballhq NULL.com), Coachtube.com (http://coachtube NULL.com), and BasketballTrainer.com (http://BasketballTrainer NULL.com).
- Current Academy Leader for DSYSA
- Founder Girls Select Program at AustinFierceBasketball.com (http://Austinfiercebasketball NULL.com)
- Advisor for Girls Select Basketball program ATXFearless.com (http://ATXFearless NULL.com)
- Trains several college teams.
- Dad to two young basketball players himself, and has coached their youth basketball teams.
“Chris Corbett is very passionate about helping our youth and sharing his knowledge of the game through the fundamentals that have been forgotten. I admire his desire to learn and share his expertise in hoops and life. He encouraged me through a tough time in my life after the passing of my Grandmother mainly because he could relate. And I will forever be grateful. Chris Corbett is an up and coming skills trainer in Austin and teaches with morals and work ethic.”
EDWINA BROWN | 2000 NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE YEAR UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS – WNBA 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK
October 21st – WYSA/Austin Youth Basketball Pre-Season Clinic
- Wimberley HS Texan Gym (Main Gym)
• 3/4th BOYS & Girls – 3:00-4:30 pm
• 5/6th BOYS & Girls – 4:45-6:15 pm
- Registration will be through Austin Youth Basketball, look for that link to come to you in an email.
- Each group will have a 40 player max cut-off Cost: $20
Having played basketball with Austin Youth Basketball’s Chris Corbett for a decade that brought numerous championships, I can say his approach every game was about dedication and focus. His integrity, desire and knowledge of the game made him a valuable teammate and a coach on the floor. Any player or program would benefit from having Chris on board for player development and reaching for higher standards.
Mark Acres | Boston Celtics – Orlando Magic – 7 Year NBA Veteran
(https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/camps/852793-october-21---wysaaustin-youth-basketball-pre-season-clinic)
October 30th – WYSA/Austin Youth Basketball Pre-Season BOYS
Clinic @ Danforth JH Gym
• 3/4th Boys – 5:45-7:15 pm
• 5/6th Boys – 7:15-8:45 pm
o Registration will be through Austin Youth Basketball, look for that link to come to you in an email.
o Each group will have a 40 player max cut-off
o Cost: $20
(https://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/camps/852805-october-30th---wysaaustin-youth-basketball-pre-season-boys-clinic--danforth-jh-g)