Many years ago someone explained to me that the key to marketing communication in business was to put yourself inside the mind of the consumer. The consumer wants to know:
1. Can you solve my problem? Meaning are you expert?
2. Do I like you? Most people are emotional, not rational and want to do biz with someone they actually like.
3. Can I trust you?
Watch this video on what college coaches look for in basketball recruits:
The college coach is a consumer. They want to know:
1. Do you have the talent to solve their problem of winning games against formidable opponents?
2. Do you have the character that will be likable within their existing culture?
3. Do you have the academic discipline that they can trust one of their few scholarship spots to?