Tired of Spending Time and Money on Basketball Camps, Training and Strength Training By Football Coaches All of Which Get You The Same Results As Everyone Else?
We are looking for a few special basketball players (most likely no more than ten) in the following mindset:
- Collegiate Players or Pro Players (looking to have breakout season)
- Highly Motivated High School Players (whose ambition is matched by their commitment)
- Nutty Middle School Players (who have crazy passion for the game and effort level is beyond question)
I designed this program with the dedicated athlete in mind. Exactly how I would train if I was trying to have my best basketball season ever. It is based on research and mimics the training focus of professional athletes dialed back appropriately to take care of growing bodies as
If you are or have a player that fits above criteria and can invest time and budget to this summer of development, please respond to this email….
Starting June 10th, Austin Youth Basketball is launching a test program for our new P3 program encompassing the highest levels of Passion | Purpose | Power thru skill, athletic, and basketball IQ development over this summer.
To be completely transparent I am doing this to create several case studies for a contribution I want to make on the topic of summer basketball development. I will be sharing any positive results with USA Basketball, BasketballHQ.com and also possibly Coachtube.com and perhaps a scholarly sports performance journal.
We will work with you 1:1 and also in powerful small groups using this “All In” model that I designed specifically for the most motivated client committed to results. This can be a huge win for you and we will do whatever it takes to help you succeed. This is for players who absolutely have established a passion for basketball. Over the next ten weeks, we will be delivering the Purpose and Power to your game to match your Passion. If motivation is a challenge for you or your player, this program is most likely not a fit.
Chris Corbett – Austin Youth Basketball Founder
Your Coaches for P3 Austin Summer Basketball Training Program
P3 Basketball Training Program Highlights:
- Real Run Program of Ten Weeks Refereed Pickup Plus Speed and Agility Mondays for High School Wednesdays for Middle School. ($200)
- 1 on 1 Functional Physical Exam Plus Personalized Prehab | Wellness | Strength & Speed by Kyle Fisher ($75)
- Customized Homework Plan on Trello (or customized app if ready and it most likely will be) with weekly check-ins by Kyle and Chris ($100)
- Weekly 1 on 1 Strength / Flexibility / Wellness Training with Kyle Fisher ($750)
- 2 Weekly Skills Training Sessions with Geoff and Chris ($800)
- Explosive 3x Week – Speed and Vertical Training in Sand Mon and Wed, in Gym With Strength/Shooting Fri ($600) Read here about the benefits of sand training. (http://www NULL.allresearchjournal NULL.com/archives/2015/vol1issue7/PartI/1-7-146 NULL.pdf)
- Book: Self Care Reform by Rusty Gregory (https://www NULL.amazon NULL.com/Self-Care-Reform-Discover-Your-Health/dp/149429382X)
- Seminars (1 Time):
- Workout Swag: Each Player Will receive the Inaugural P3 Gear package of a water bottle, practice jersey, and performance T-shirt. $75 value.
The big deal here is that you will learn to care, develop and nourish your body… not only for this upcoming season… but the rest of your life.
Grand Total Value: $2755
Price: $1999 To First Ten Founding Members of P3.
Bonus to First 5 signups : Choose A Week of Basketball Camp…. Free! $ 175 value.
Functional exam for Basketball Players:
- HHQ: to help address any previous injuries
- Assessment of nervous system function (integrate video analysis with coachs eye)
- They make an account and can share videos on social media
- Reaction time
- SEBT, anatomical asymmetry eval (plum line)
- Vertical leap test
- Running technique/biomechanics
- 3 cone drill
Basketball Specific Speed and agility
- T step
- Letter ball
- Running form: banded knee drive, A skip B skip
- Running is an advanced skill
- Conditioning on bball court or sand
- Running is an advanced skill
- Hip turn
- Combo drills with t step→letter ball catching, Periph vision→hip turn→letter ball catch
Strength and Flexibility For Basketball Players:
- Begin with soft tissue work and joint mobs
- Quick breathing exercises and neuro reset
- Address any specific areas
- Strength training session/ grizzly bear conditioning with foul shooting dribbling involved
- Blood circulation cool down
- Soft tissue finish
Sand work and Basketball Movement
- Can have mobility sand days and training sand days
- Short and intense in nature… building over time.
- We want to build young bodies, not tear them
- We just have to be careful here with freq and intensity
- Drills were developed after consultation with Eric Fonoimoana (https://en NULL.wikipedia NULL.org/wiki/Eric_Fonoimoana) (Olympic Gold medalist in Beach Volleyball and explosive jumper)
- Drills have been changed to be basketball specific in movement.
- Sand training is great because it is twice as hard on the muscles, half as hard on the joints.
App Communication and Homework for Basketball Training In the Driveway etc.
- We will have a custom app to help share resources and gently nudge with accountability and roadblocks.
- Can integrate recipes and or make them take pictures of meals with questions
- Neuro reset exercises
- Hand made tools with string and beads cheap and effective
- Breathing techniques
- Both these combined take less than 5 min
- Addressing tissue stiffness with lacrosse/golf ball