Some of my basketball students at Life Time Fitness and Austin Youth Basketball have been asking abut my basketball team “Next Level.” Next Level is a team of some of my favorite basketball players in Austin. It is comprised of former professional, college, and high school stars. We are currently the Champions of the highly competitive Life Time Fitness League. Components of the team have also won the Austin City League. The team is comprised of:
- Brian Pirtimma – Randolph-Macon College
- Mike VandeGarde – Illinois State, Pro ball in Europe and South America, NBA Scout 76ers, Big Man Coach for Life Time Big Man Camp
- Adam Reinking – Hawaii Pacific University, Coach St. Andrew’s
- Chris Corbett – University of Maine at Fort Kent, Director of Austin Youth Basketball, Instructor Life Time Fitness
- Kezie Asomugha – Huston Tillotson
- Dan Hadwiger –
- Thomas Hesse –
I was thrilled to be assemble a group of guys who play hard, unselfishly, and win the right way. I feel lucky to be a part of this group and look forward to out next game on Sunday, April 11th at 7pm at Life Time Fitness in South Austin. This wil be the second round of the playoffs and we will be playing the winner of the game featuring “Triple Threat”and “Baseline.” Both are great teams featuring many former college players. We will be missing our center Mike VandeGarde who will be at the Portstmouth Invitational Tournament scouting future NBA draft picks for his employer the 76ers.
Should we be fortunate enough to advance the Championship Game will be played Sunday, April 18 at 6pm. Students and their parents are welcome to attend. Please politely inform the Life time front door staff that you are Life Time students here to see your instructor’s game.