Kickoff Bootcamp in Maine
Why: To Peak For Your Season and Beyond
Where: Community High School, Fort Kent, Maine (Clinic for High School Players is held at Fort Kent Elementary School)
10/28/2017 Ages 9-13 8:30am to 11:30am
(At Fort Kent Community High School)
(http://austinyouthbasketball NULL.leagueapps NULL.com/camps/459381-basketball-kickoff-boot-camp-in-maine)
10/21/2017 Ages 14 -18 1:00pm to 4:30pm
This Group has been cancelled due to soccer prelims and gyms scheduling challenges
(At Fort Kent Elementary School)
Meet Your Basketball Trainer Chris Corbett
- Former UMFK player who credits Fort Kent with positive change in his life.
- Austin, Texas pro basketball trainer to over 140 players, 10 weeks of camps, and various coaches clinics per year.
- His work had been endorsed by NBA, WNBA, and NCAA players. NBA scouts, college coaches, and more importantly thousands of basketball families like yours. See www.Austinyouthbasketball.com.
- Owner www.BasketballHQ.com, www.Coachtube.com, www.BasketballTrainer.com
- Certified USA Basketball Trainer
Reviews of Chris Corbett’s Work
“Having played basketball with Austin Youth Basketball’s Chris Corbett for a decade that brought numerous championships, I can say his approach every game was about dedication and focus. His integrity, desire and knowledge of the game made him a valuable teammate and a coach on the floor. Any player or program would benefit from having Chris on board for player development and reaching for higher standards.”
Mark Acres | Boston Celtics
7 Year NBA Veteran
Chris Corbett & Austin Youth Basketball have an amazing level of passion for the game of basketball at all levels. His high energy approach to working on the fundamentals of the game is great for all players. He works with every player on their strengths and weaknesses to make them the best player they can be. I have sent him players in the past and will continue to recommend other players ready to work on their game to him.
Mike Vandegarde | 15 year NBA Scout – Former Texas State Coach – Former Pro
“Chris Corbett is very passionate about helping our youth and sharing his knowledge of the game through the fundamentals that have been forgotten. I admire his desire to learn and share his expertise in hoops and life. He encouraged me through a tough time in my life after the passing of my Grandmother mainly because he could relate. And I will forever be grateful. Chris Corbett is an up and coming skills trainer in Austin and teaches with morals and work ethic.”
EDWINA BROWN | 2000 NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE YEAR UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS – WNBA 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK – SMU ASSISTANT COACH
Basketball Clinic Training Curriculum Will Include:
AYBL Level & Middle School Level
- Footwork Basics to Increase Athleticism, Balance, and Confidence.
- Ballhandling Fun… with special techniques to increase heads up vision to decrease stress.
- Rip thrus to prevent the never ending battle of the “jump ball”
- Hand under the ball shooting technique and intro to “loading and exploding” of leg drive
- Overcoming fear of failure and becoming an aggressive young player
- Correct power layup form
- Embracing the defensive warrior within you
- Finishing moves players can be proud of
- Addressing basketball ambition and work ethic
- Embracing a growth mindset thru skill development
- What is a great teammate?
- Dribbling moves you can count on against pressure
- Becoming more coachable
- 6 finishing skills you should be working on
- Shooting footwork, form and fun
- How to score ten points per game… broken down and explained within team first concept
- Dynamic warmups for better athleticism
- Bodyweight exercises specific to basketball development
- Defensive tactics you need to embrace
High School Level:
- Middle School Curriculum reviewed in accelerated format
- Precise movement without the ball and your responsibility to master it
- 20 steps to scoring 20 ppg game and why no one wants to take them. (Hint- step #1 is to become such a great defender your coach can’t imagine taking you out of the game)
- Rebounding responsibility and tactics to become a difference maker at all positions
- Reading the defense… against any defense. Simple trick that will make your coaches proud.
- Commitment to a masterpiece minute of playing time… it starts here
- Owning your confidence, humility and kindness as a teammate
- Ballhandling mentality… less is more, but dribble with power and purpose… strong rip thrus, cross steps, and attack mentality, understanding the passing options off the attack
- Post up moves, the lost art every player should have for traditional post and cutting opportunities into the post
- So you got the Varsity jersey… why stop improving your skills?
Special Guest & Fort Kent native Beth Daigle King will be helping and bring her CHS Warrior and UMFK Hall of Fame background to help positively impact your players. She will also share her Chat: “6 Doors To Open.”