Austin Spring Break Basketball Camp 2017
Camp Dates: Monday 3/13/17 – Thursday 3/16/17
Basketball Camp Location: Fitzhugh Baptist Church – 11607 Crumley Ranch Rd, Austin, Texas 78736
Price for Basketball Camp: $159
Camp Director: Geoff Harner | Former Professional Player | International Trainer | Academic All American Collegiate Player | USA Certified Basketball Trainer.
Session 1 – Grades 3-6 Ages 8 -12 | 8am – 11:30
Session II – Grades 7-11 | 12:30 -4:30
Austin Spring Break Basketball Camp Curriculum & Fun:
- This camp will be focused on bringing the fun back into the game all while adding new skills and trying to add elements to players’ games thru proven player development principles. We will focus primarily on offensive moves and mindset.
- Everyone is a scorer. We believe in developing complete basketball players and that means on the offensive end too.
- Our curriculum is primarily mindset and footwork based. Kids have gravitated to fear and shame on the offensive end, have learned countless plays, and yet still struggle without knowing how to play.
- We will offer takeaways that they can use in the driveway, park or gym. Older players will be offered an evaluation and an introduction to goal setting and periodization principles so they can accelerate their game during the off season.
- This is not a magic wand camp. It is an intro to proven principles we have developed on increasing scoring averages. It outlines what your kid can do this summer to get better if they have the passion. Kids who do the work will see drastic improvement. Kids that just enjoy the camp will have an intro type experience that will help their games incrementally.
- We will encourage trying new skills and have scrimmages focused on that. Our kids play 100 games per year and often fear trying new things on the court. We create a “Failure Encouraged” zone where kids can accelerate thru failure.
- Each player will receive “25 Steps to 20 Points Per Game” as a resource to grow with after the camp. (Value: Priceless if they actually implement)
- We will introduce online resources and apps that can help guide them.
- We will introduce them to the science of training featuring the 94Fifty Ball. It measures dribbling intensity, shooting arc, shot release time, shot rotation all thru a computerized ball. It helps kids own their shot.
In short, this camp is meant to be fun, but also introduce your kids to a path that can help them improve their games this summer. Players are made in the off season and we teach them how to accelerate while keeping the game fun.