Presenter / Coach: Dr. Tim Rice assisted by Chris Corbett
When: Friday, July 13th. 6pm – 8pm
Where: Fitzhugh Baptist Church Gym
How Much: $29 if you pay now, $36 at the door. $10 for coaches interested in teaching defense. Strictly limited to first 20 players registered.
Why: “Tim Rice is one of the best defensive teachers I have witnessed and also know that defensive skills are not taught at high level by most coaches and trainers. The player who can learn defense and craft a reputation as a defensive stopper can still stay in the game while struggling thru a shooting slump, having turnoveritis, or not executing offensive sets. One of the best ways to up your scoring average is to stay on the floor. Defensive players earn more minutes and thus have an opportunity to score more.” Chris Corbett
- Proper defensive stance and positioning
- Proper on-the-ball and off-the-ball positioning
- Proper defensive rebounding positioning and technique
- Proper closeout fundamentals
- Explosive on-the-ball individual concepts to “guard their yard” and contain the ball
- Team half-court defensive principles.